Welcome to Thiele Primary School. Thiele Primary School acknowledges that we meet and learn on Kaurna land. Our aim is for all of our students to become independent, well informed, successful and lifelong learners. We provide a range of excellent facilities and learning opportunities for all students to thrive and achieve in an environment fostering our values of Respect, Achievement, Integrity and Sustainability. Our dedicated teaching staff, supportive administration team and learning support personnel work together to improve learning outcomes for all students. We have a strong sense of community incorporating Campus, the wider community of Aberfoyle Park and the Onkaparinga Council. Dedicated Reception to Year 6 classroom and Specialist teachers incorporate the use of technological tools to support students inquire, explore and interpret all curriculum areas to support them to gain a rich understanding of the world around them. We look forward to working together, in partnership with home and school to provide improved learning outcomes for all of our students and their families.
Thiele Primary School acknowledges the Kaurna people as the custodians of the land that we learn on today.
We pay our respect to the Elders both past and present.
We recognise and respect their cultural heritage, beliefs and relationship with the land.
We acknowledge that they are of continuing importance to the Kaurna people living today.
Our School Mission, Vision & Values
- Providing all students with opportunities to learn in all eight areas of study
- Providing all students with opportunities to develop sequential skills in Information Technology and Computing
- Providing all students with a safe and protected environment in which to work and learn
- All forms of harassment will be addressed according to the Student Behaviour Management Policy
- Protective Education will be both programmed for and taught incidentally in all classes
- Providing all parents and caregivers opportunity to share in the partnership of their children’s learning
- Ensuring that the parents, students and staff members who are affected by decisions are consulted before decisions are made; where this is not possible all are informed fully of the basis for the decision.
Learning with respect, achievement, integrity, and sustainability.
Thiele Primary School will work to ensure that our students become independent lifelong learners who are productive and well informed community members and citizens.
Showing that we can look after ourselves, our environment and others. This includes taking care of our belongings and the equipment we use in the environment where we work, play and live. It also means that we care about our learning, believing that we can do our best.
Appreciating and respecting the diversity of views and values that influence sustainable. The ability to meet the needs of the present without compromising the future generations to meet their needs.
With effort you can accomplish success and the realisation that learning is lifelong and can be accomplished in many forms. Achievement is accumulative over a period of time. It also means that we care about our learning, believing that we can do our best.
Having strong, consistent moral principles that you refuse to change. It is having an honesty and truthfulness in your actions even when no one is watching. It is not one single action but is ongoing in everything you do. It means doing the right thing even though it may be hard, sharing your feelings and always being responsible for your actions.