Creating a sustainable school environment is important to Thiele Primary School as it aligns to our school value and provides learning opportunities for all students.
Two students from each class from Reception to Year 6 are elected as Student Representative Council (SRC) members each semester. These students provide student voice as they represent their class when they meet on a weekly basis to discuss school events and issues that are important to them.
- Recycling through the collection of 10c recyclable containers. Each class collects these containers which are counted each fortnight and the class with the most containers takes care of ‘Palmy’
- Support WWF by using the money raised through the recycling project to purchase a new Palmy each year and purchase plants to revegetate our garden areas
- Caring school environment by awarding G-no Me at each assembly to the class who has taken care in keeping their yard area tidy.
- Random Acts of Kindness awards to students at assembly
- Rubbish Raffle for Heysen building, Spence building and Coorong building students, who care for our grounds by picking up rubbish.
Other Leadership Opportunities:
Students also have an opportunity to be part of the student leadership team by being elected as School Captains in Performing Arts and Sport.
Students can also nominate to become leaders in the Youth Environment Team Program (YELP). The students are supported in decision making, planning and taking action through an environmental project of their choice through YELP – which at Thiele Primary School is our Community Garden.